What we do
We raise the profile and recognition of skilled occupations, and show how important skills are in achieving economic growth.
New Zealand needs people working in vocational careers, and vocational careers have so much to offer New Zealanders. Everything from the houses we live in to the food we eat and to the services that keep New Zealand’s economic wheels spinning is made possible by people who work in vocational careers.
Raise the profile and recognition of skilled occupations and to show how important skills are in achieving economic growth and personal success.
To be New Zealand’s champion in the development of work skills excellence.
You may have heard about us from our ‘Skill’ competitions, yet this is just one part of what we do. We focus on three areas:
- Showcasing career pathways and benefits
- Encouraging people to consider careers in skilled occupations
- Working with Government and Non-Government Organisations
- Motivating personal achievement and success
- Driving excellence and celebrating champions
- Measuring the effectiveness of vocational training
- Working with similar organisations to enhancing standards
- Introducing New Zealand vocational methods into the international arena
- Bringing international context into qualification development
Board of trustees
We are governed by a Board of trustees who oversee the direction of the organisation.