Everything from the houses we live in to the food we eat, to the services that keep New Zealand’s economic wheels spinning – is made possible by people who work in vocational careers.
Worldskills New Zealand offers a place for young people to experience the skills that shape our country and our world.
WorldSkills New Zealand is an independent, non-profit charitable trust founded in 1986, dedicated to encouraging young people to excel in vocational skills. This is achieved through exposure to competitions at regional, national, and international levels.
Through competitions, Worldskills New Zealand gives young professionals on a vocational career path the self-confidence and experiences they need to reach their full potential.
- Encourage, recognise and reward skill excellence
- Raise the standards of vocational training in New Zealand
- Raise the self-confidence and self-esteem of the young participants
- Have New Zealand recognised as one of the highest skilled nations in the world
- Promote vocational training as a first-choice career to school leavers
To be New Zealand’s Champion in the Development of Work Skills Excellence.